We have consulted in one way or another for over a million square feet of canopy.
We have designed huge facilities and we have rescued the smallest of facilities. Every single consult gets the same setup. We have tested method after method and know what works every time.
It is very simple.
1) Automate your watering. Hand feeding is not consistent.
2) Use 2 gallon pots with coco/perlite. Coco is forgiving and does not need a large root base to produce big yields. We like 12 plants per 16 square feet.
3) Feed DAILY at 2.3-2.5 EC (1150-1250 ppm @ 500 scale) with 20-25% runoff. This gives the plants what they need every day, keeps buildup and ph in check, and brings oxygen to the roots.
4) Use .2ml per gallon regular, unscented Clorox bleach twice a week.
5) Give your plants a proper environment. Check out our charts on the documents page and use Cropsaltvpd.com to make sure your environment is proper.
6) Monitor your runoff. We feed at 6.2 and aim for our runoff to come out 6.0-6.1 ph. If you don't monitor your rootzone ph you are growing blind.